Sunday, July 8, 2012

Taylor's Haircut!

While we were up in Show Low over the 4th of July, my mom wanted a family portrait done. About an hour prior to picture time Taylor declared she wanted her hair cut off. She'd been mentioning it lately, but in the next sentence, would say she was just kidding, because she wanted Rapunzel hair.
She mentioned it a couple times before it was time for her to shower and get ready, and low and behold, I had my hair cutting shears with me!
I tied her hair up in a ponytail, and cut off about 10 inches! My mom was a bit stunned. I don't think she could believe I actually did that. And right before a picture. But quite honestly, I dreaded (daily!) doing Taylor's hair. It was ratty, unkempt and prone to really bad knots.

Not only did it age her, but it completely changed her look. She loves it (and so do I). It was a win/win!

No comments: