Monday, April 30, 2012

Knee Surgery

I had a new ACL built from my hamstring. A few screws to hold it all in place and I was put back together again. Kinda like humpty dumpty. My trampoline incident (torn ACL and fractured tibia) happened on December 16, 2011..and my surgery was February 2, 2012. I started rehab on 2/5. After 8 weeks of rehab and not making much progress, I had to go back under for manual manipulation, as scar tissue built up quickly and wouldn't allow for any fluxion. That procedure was on March 29, and it helped wonders. Anesthesia, a nerve block and the works, all for 5 minutes of the cracking my leg up. I went to physical therapy that afternoon to get moving. My insurance finally determined that at 60% recovery, I can rehab myself at home. So I do just that. I've gotta lose this gimp soon!

3 days post op
5 days post op
7 days post op

No comments: