Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sausage Fest

**Most of this is plagiarized, with permission from Pams blog :)**

Making German Sausage is something my mom remembers doing with her dad's side of the family as long as she can remember. They did it together at her Great Grandparents' house, then her Grandparents', then her parents' (it was one of the things my parents served at their wedding!)and now... Her's! My Aunt Nan and Uncle Tom flew in from CA for this event and it was so fun getting to see them. In order to make it, once you stuff the casings it has to hang/drain in a cold place. Needless to say, they had a ton of sausage hanging in their garage on this January day!! The kids even got to jump in to help package it. It was a nice day hanging out together and we know how excited my grandpa would be if he was here to see it. He was so proud of his heritage!

I had the hardest job of all ;-)

1 comment:

the Harris Family said...

i LOVE that photo of you and the baby. :)