Saturday, February 5, 2011

Guess how much she loves me?

Sweet Hayden rushed my car one day this past week, as I was picking in her in the drive-thru, at school. She could not wait to climb inside and share a moment of her day. (Some days she doesn't talk at all, so this was a lovely surprise!)
She pulled this book out of her backpack and prefaced her conversation with "I know it's babyish, but guess what I thought"? She saw this book in the library and it made her think of me. She told me she stood there and thought how much she loves me and all the times we read this book. "I don't think about you at school sometimes, Mommy, but today I did. And it made me miss you. So I checked out the book from the library so we could read it together".

And that night, I sat in bed with her while she read it to me. For the very first time, while I just listened. If she only knew "to the moon and back" is a mere fraction of the distance of my love for her.

5 comments:

Krissy said...

You have such a sweet little girl. I love this!

Lori said...

Ohhhh that brought tears to my eyes. She is such a sweetheart!

the Harris Family said...

how sweet -- and just tugs at your heart how fast time flies. what a priceless memory!

Amy said...

Made me cry. Cuz I is sensative, like that!

christysndrs said...

Made me teary-eyed! She is soooo sweet...what a precious little girl!