Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Daddy, Handpicked, With Love


I knew Conal would make a remarkable husband, but even more so...an amazing Daddy, which was so important to me. And to this day, all of my instincts were right.

His sun rises and sets on Hayden and Taylor. It's so deeply inspiring to watch him interact with his girls. Often times, it's as though nothing else in the world exists. I can see how he truly values their relationships. Each one different, special, sincere.

Conal is a great protector, guardian, motivator....in the eyes of his girls he's their everything. I've been there, I know how they feel. I see it in their eyes, their hearts, feel it in my soul.

To have a Dad that is so involved is such a gift. My Dad lived for his daughters--which as a kid, you don't put much thought into. But as an adult, I am able see his sacrifice..struggles and triumphs. I was very lucky. And I feel so blessed that my girls have that same example.

I handpicked Conal for my children. My Dad was such an important part of my life, that I wanted someone who would love them just as hard as I was loved. Conal has that natural instinct that has just flowed from the minute Hayden was born. We are three very lucky girls.


2 comments:

Kristy said...

Awww! That is so sweet! Well you knew you could not go wrong when you fell for a Redskins fan!

PCox said...

Wow that made me rather emotional and NO I'M NOT PREGNANT (I know that's what you're wondering since I'm emotional!!). That was such an awesome post!! We do have some pretty great men in our lives, don't we?

Seriously... That was so sweet!