Friday, November 6, 2009

Excuse me lady, can I borrow your bra mask please?

There was a lady standing in front of us in line at Target this morning. Her clothes were wrinkled and looked slept in, her hair matted six ways to Sunday. I do not judge someone who doesn't put themselves together to run errands, because quite honestly, I'm not a girl who has to leave the house with mascara, lipstick and pearls. However, the point of her appearance is that she looked awful and she sounded even worse.
Coughing. Hacking. Gagging. Okay, I was gagging, she wasn't. The coughing. Ick. It was bad. She clearly rolled out of bed and drug herself to Target. In one hand was a Starbucks cup and the other a tissue.
I stood behind her, looking for an escape line to no avail, and wondered 'why on earth is this lady at Target spreading germs like a wildfire'? Taylor says, "Mommy that lady is SICK. Why? Mommy why is the sick lady coughing"? I just shook my head and signaled her to be quiet, giving the lady the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she needed medicine, tissues, a humidifier. I dunno! So nosey ol' me peeks at her load on the belt as I'm putting my stuff up there. Becuase really, what is she buying that couldn't wait?
2 jar candles, a sweater for her puppy and a hair dye kit.
That is what this sick-o dragged her hacking ass into Target for today.
STAY HOME PEOPLE! Showing up in public while you are sick does NOT make you a HERO. I was wondering if I'd look like a freak walking around with a face mask. And then I remembered this article I read about the bra mask. I figured nobody would notice I've got a bra on my face when they spy the unsupported baubles popping out from the bottom of my shirt ;)