Monday, November 30, 2009

Much Thanks

November is always a time of reflection for what we're thankful for and the blessings we have. Last November, I decided to keep a running list of things I'm thankful for through out the year, because I seem to become tunnel visioned with the chaos of the Holiday season.

2009 list of Thanks and Gratitude
*Thankful for back to preschool after a 2 week holiday break. Even though it's 2 1/2 hours a day, it deserves a glass...err, bottle of wine to toast!
*Superbowl Sunday...perfect excuse to ditch the New Years weight loss resolution and each chips and dip and drink beer all day!
*February brings the most wonderful weather of the year, in my opinion. Kind of like the perfect tottie, not to hot, not too cold, but juuuuust right!
*CUSD for hours of prep and planning Hayden's IEP, providing many a tissue (they may have taken stock in Kleenex), and decreasing my Mommy guilt by praising how far 'ahead of the game' I was. Who knew?!
*Margaritas
*Spring Fever. I'm thankful for a job that provides flexibility and allows me to work out my own schedule taking advantage of Spring Training games, trips to the park and watching my kids swing hours on end without breaking a sweat!
*Friends that treasure late night porch chat, or meetups at the wine bar because we can't find any other time in our schedules to see each other. So putting the kids to bed and sneaking out for a night cap is the perfect escape!
*Sunday mornings
*My girls' birthdays...they are much more fun than my own!
*My family
*Last minute trip to California to spend the weekend with my Grandpa. We had no idea it would be our last spending time with him, but I'm so thankful that my mom, Pam and I went out there.
*Summer time is a double-edge sword! It's so freakin' hot, but I'm on leave at work which allows us to sleep in, go swimming, lay on the couch all day...whatever we want! I am so thankful for the freedom and flexibility that comes with Summer!
*My super cool, spacious, comfy new car.
*Margaritas
*I am ever so thankful that my kids are potty trained, done with bottles and strollers and are at the age where I can just pick up and go and they're along for the ride. (Most of the time ;) )
*BACK TO SCHOOL!!! All day Kindergarten where have you been all my life? I'm proposing for the entrance age to start at 3. Nobody really likes 3 years old anyway, right? Thank you KINDERGARTEN, I am so thankful for you!!!
*This year, as in most years, I'm thankful that we're just about a five and a half hour drive to the beach. Just when I lose perspective, it's been hot for five months with no end in sight, the wild blue yonder pops into view!
*Wahoo's fish tacos. YUM!
*In 2009, I could not be more thankful for the teacher that Hayden got. She's doing wonderfully in school and her teacher, Mrs. DeHart is amazing!
*My beautifully perfect, healthy new niece..bringing our total of nieces to 3 and nephews to 4
*Late October brings a break in the heat. Thank you 'Arizona's version of Fall'.
*Margaritas
*As frustrated as I get with medical bills and lack of clarity in insurance policies, I am so thankful that we have medical insurance!
*I'm thankful for my shakey understanding and growing education on Autism
*I am so thankful for Hayden! She's teaching me the most humbling lesson I probably will ever learn. She is a delicate flower with such a tender soul. Her beauty within brings me to tears. And even though I cannot seem to figure out what goes on inside her mind, I'm thankful that I'm beginning to understand how she works.
*Taylor. I'm thankful for her personality, her sense of style at only 3 and her strength. This kid has a mind of her own and determination beyond what I think she should have. She's stubborn and loud, and although her Daddy would like to have her tonsils put back in, I LOVE listening to her sing and talk and watching her prance around in her skivvies all day long!
*I'm so grateful for our school, my ability to be as involved as I am there, and the amazing staff and PTO. I love volunteering in the classroom and helping to plan and execute school events. I've been waiting for this for a lifetime it seems!
*I'm thankful for our jobs, our health and the continued happiness that our family and friends bring.

3 comments:

Watson Family said...

That was sweet! What a great way to remember 2009!

PCox said...

Me too... I LOVE THIS ONE! You have LOTS to be thankful for and it's great you marked them.

PCox said...

and i think i may copy it (at some point).