Thursday, August 5, 2010

Party at the House's House!

We were invited to the House's annual end of Summer pool party! Wait, maybe it's a Back-to-School pool party, since it's in July, and that's clearly not the end of Summer? Oh, I don't know! Regardless, there was a party...which is not unusual in this neighborhood...but this one included a formal invite and not a last minute pop in! And I must say, it was by far, hands down, one of the most fun family parties we have been to in a looooong time!

We had an awesome barbecue and potluck, accompanied by my first experience with Sailor Jerry! The kids had fun swimming, so did some Dads. Heck! So did I! I was doing flips off the diving board by the end of the night! lol...haven't done that in at least a dozen years! Their backyard is like a resort, I feel like I'm on vacation when I'm back there...so your worries really float away, and you're truly able to enjoy great time with great friends!
20 years from now, when my kids are all gathered at my house with their families and we're talking and reminiscing about their childhood, I truly hope the memories we make with our friends and family are their most cherished thoughts.

No comments: