Friday, August 6, 2010

This girl is Lucky Number 7!!


Interview with our 7 year old!
(unedited, as she told it!)
H- Mo'om (rolls eyes)
Me - Hayden, just give me 5 minutes
H - Whatever
And so we begin....
Me- Tell me a few things about yourself
H - Umm...I'm 7. I have blonde hair and I'm tall.
Me - How tall do you think you are?
H - Probably tall enough for fun things
Me - You're right...You are 4'3" and weigh 46 lbs
H - So I'm like a really big kid, huh?!
Me - You're kind of tall, very skinny, but right on track with kids your age
H - Yah, I'm older than the kids in my class.
Me - Yes you are, just a little bit though. Lauren and Hal, they're only a few weeks behind you
H - Yah, it's cuz we're smart and stuff
Me - True. So, what are some things you like to do?
H - I like to go to the beach. I like to play school, play on my swings and I love to swim.
I'm learning to read! I like Junie B. Jones and How to Eat Fried Worms that Memaw read at the beach! Grooooooss!
Me - How is school going?
H - I wish I had Mrs. DeHart again.
Me - But you like Mrs. Jaramillo, right?
H - I do, she's really nice and short, but I miss Mrs. DeHart. But I see her and give her hugs
Me - You're a kind girl Hayden.
H - I know that Mommy! There are people that are not kind, but I just ignore them.
Me - Good for you!
H - Oh! You know what? I like Oreganos! It's my favorite restaurant. And I like the Little Mermaid and watching Derek Jeter! Cooper goes to a different school and I miss him, but we went to the beach together this Summer. Does he still ride Charlie? I don't get to ride Charlie anymore.
Me - Yes he does, we can probably work something out to get you back on Charlie.
H - Why?
Me - Because you don't ride him anymore. Do you want to?
H - Oh yah! hahaha! Can we be done?
Me - Yah, I s'pose. Anything else you think I should know, so we can remember what you were like at 7 years old?
H - Yah, I'm NOT having babies!
Me - Fair enough, I will adopt grandkids if I have to!

2 comments:

PCox said...

this girl cracks me up!! she can come ride Charlie WHENEVER she wants!!!! seriously. let's get her back out here to ride.

ps- this was my kids' favorite bday party! the slide was a HIT!

christysndrs said...

She is so cute! Love her last comment...so adorable !