Sunday, March 15, 2009

Appointment with CUSD regarding Taylor

Two days later, on February 27th, I had my appointment with a different district Psychologist and another district professional who evaluated Taylor for Priority Preschool. Taylor turns three in a few weeks, and when that happens, you are released from AzEIP (early intervention), and then turned over to another department, if you qualify.
I've been under the mindset that Taylor won't qualify for further services, but am rolling with the punches and doing what I am supposed to. I don't want anything to be overlooked on my end, nor do I want to deny her the help she should get, should she need it!
I do not have the concluded report yet, I will get that by April 3rd, however, the Psych. wanted to give me a heads up that she doesn't think she's going to qualify! I assured her that, to us, that is GREAT NEWS!! The only hang up right now is in regards to her speech. She has been recommended for ongoing speech therapy. Her language and verbal skills are very good and she passes the scores there, her intelligibility is a bit week, and sits right on the fence. So, once they grade her, we'll know what our next step is, and if they will qualify her for speech or not.
Taylor has come so far, and we are so incredibly grateful to so many different people along the way!
So, all in all, the fact that she MAY NOT qualify for services, is music to our ears! That means that all of that extra hard work really did pay off and her physical developmental delays have been overcome! However, if she does need a bit more extra help, you can bet that this mommy is all over that!

No comments: