Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last Days of School

It is really hard to wrap my mind around the fact that Hayden's first year of kindy is over. This year literally blew by. The cliche's are so true..."time flies"; "hold onto them while you can, they're grown before you know it"; "don't blink"...but time has never flown as fast as it did this year. I hate, hate, hate to think that life with the girls is going to continue like that, and before we know it, they're going to be out and on their own. Don't get me wrong...some days I can't wait for that! But as busy and on-the-go as we are, I find myself slowing down and enjoying the moments. Savoring them, the memories. These ages and stages only happen once, and I'm so afraid I'm going to blink and miss them!

Hayden's been counting the days until first grade, and the hours until she turns 7. Tay's been begging to go to Kindergarten this Summer with her friend Kady and be in Mrs. DeHarts class. Kids want to grow up so fast. I love the fact that they're now becoming really independant and little responsible people of their own rite. They're not as dependant on me. They growing up and maturing and excited for what their futures bring. It's very bittersweet.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

I totally know what you mean. I can't believe my baby (the 1st one, that is) is 9yrs old and is now an upper grader! The years have flown by and it makes me sad.