Sunday, July 3, 2011

Monterey, CA

The Monterey Bay Aquarium is my absolute most favorite place to visit along the central coast. I remember going there with my family, for field trips and with friends. It's a wonderful aquarium, and ever since Hayden was little, I've been dreaming up the day that I could take my kids there. This was my chance! We got up early on Morning and drove to Monterey. It's actually a really pretty drive! My girls got to see their first crop dusters, which they thought were just awesome! We saw farmers and workers along the entire trip, out picking in their crops. And as soon as we came over the last hill and the ocean was in view, they went crazy!! My mom treated us to aquarium tickets..as she knew the aquarium was in my plan, and I treated the girls to lunch at Bubba Gumps! They're both shrimp nuts!! We also took a tour of Monterey on a trolley, stopped at the San Juan Bautista Mission (we saw some monks..or whatever they're called..that freaked them out a bit! That place looks haunted!), and we bought two HUGE artichokes on the way home. I had almost forgotten how big they get. That lifetime feels like dreams ago! I wish I would've taken a picture..it was almost the size of Tay's head!





1 comment:

Lori said...

Brings back so many memories. Glad you got to experience them with your girls.