Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bunny Talk

Imagine talking in the back of your throat, not using your nose (almost like you're plugging it) and making a half "I just ate a sour pickle" face. Then jolt about 4 octaves higher then your regular voice, that's Bunny Talk.

You all know the bunny I'm talking about. The one nicknamed "Bun". She was pink and fluffy (but flat), a Carter's toy. You know the ones your kids become so attached to that they decide to discontinue production of them every six months. The ones that you scour website after website, call Carter's 800 number, their long distance number, they tell you to try some warehouse in South Carolina, and....ya do! Finally, you resort to ebay. Good ol' ebay, where you spend many hours over the next 18 months of your life scouring the 'discontinued lovey' links. To one day find it, and get in the craziest bidding war of your life with two other desperate mommies who need this lovey just as bad! Then, you win (because you'll do whatever it takes to win for your kids!), you pay about $28 for the nice $9 toy.....all in the name of saving your own sanity because, just because, what if she loses it, we need a backup! She's been in the Atlantic, the Pacific, the Caribbean and even an underground river in the Yucatan in Mexico. Okay, you get the point...that bunny.

Hayden's attachment is super strong. She thinks bunny is her second sister. Yes, that would make Taylor her third. Bunny eats cereal, gets cold, she even makes toots, and apparently laundry soap gives her reflux.

Well, Bun talks. And Bunny talks and talks and talks and doesn't stop!! She's driving me nuts! She backtalks, she cries, she screams, she asks "why?" all the time, she snorts and burps. She has tantrums if you give her the wrong salad dressing, if her carrots are whole instead of baby ones, if Chloe kisses her, or if the bathwater is too hot. She cries every day and sings a "Comeback Hayden" song when we leave her at home to run errands or go to school. Bunny is giving me a headache. Yet, I tried telling my 4 year old that today and she had the nerve to tell me that I give Bun a headache too, and could I please be quiet and leave the room so Bun's head could feel better. Then, of course, she asked for Motrin.

Hayden gets timeouts over bunny talk. Bunny talk seems to get her wound up, hyper, she will bounce of the walls for hours. (I know she does that anyway), however bunny talk seems to really get the best of her lately. Is it time to take the bunny away? We go in spurts during the daytime, and when we see the attachment getting to strong, we'll pull it from her until bedtime. Is this just an imaginative child having fun with her "imaginary" friend....or is it time to pull the plug? I don't know, I guess, for my own sanity (of course), I'll let her keep Bun until she's 5!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam should appreciate "Bun"....lol! You made me laugh tonight

PCox said...

Yes... I CAN realite. Cut the girl some slack! Do you realize she'll be 5 in only 6 more months? I know she's going to be 27 and will still have that thing. The only difference is that she will probably only talk in that freakin' bunny voice after she's had a couple glasses of wine!!

PCox said...

oops.... I spelled "relate" wrong. I guess I got a little carried away and started typing too quickly.