Friday, April 3, 2009

**deep breath, Mommy**

HELLO, Hello, helloo....Anybody out there, out there, out there? Can you hear me, hear me, hear me???


NO?

That's because I'm locked in the far back corner of my back bathroom curled up in a fetal position, with my face buried in a towel.

Why the drama?

Because! Because, MY BABY is going to start Preschool on TUESDAY. Yes, TUESDAY. TWO DAYS before she turns 3, our little Tay-flower is going to preschool. AND, to dig the dagger in deeper, they asked me if I'd like her to ride the bus? ..."The bus?" I ask. "You're kidding, right?" "No Becca, it's offered to all of the children in the district preschool and otherwise". "Thanks, but I think I'll waive that right ;)".

SO. She's going to start preschool about 4 months before I thought she would. She's going to a public school and into the Priority Preschool Program to receive her ongoing Speech Therapy and continuing work on her developmental delays.

I'm having such a hard time picturing our tiny little Tay walking amidst a crowd of kids into her classroom, with her backpack on. She's my baby.

oh yah, and Hayden is rather put off that Tay is going to "Kindergarten" before her :-(

4 comments:

Lori said...

Can Memaw cry with you?

Kim said...

You remind me of exactly how I was with Alex 2 years ago!!! I also said "no thanks" to the bus his first few months, but then when he started taking it in the Fall it was awesome! You'll probably be mentally ready by then! Your post was cute..

PCox said...

I can see where you're sad. I know you'll be crying come Tuesday, and I don't blame you whatsoever!! But I really do think this will be so great for her. She's going to feel like such a big girl at "kindergarten."

AmberM said...

Seriously, I get uber emotional when I even think about Jackson venturing off into the land of school!! Good Luck, girl...keep us posted out here!