Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'M the boss

Seriously, as crazy as it sounds, I'm the boss! On Tuesday, after a crazy, hectic, chaotic weekend of a some policy breaking and sub-par customer service on behalf of our bartenders, my boss Dave called me and asked if I'd take over his employee operations.
I know what needs to be done and I know I can get it done. It's a lot of responsibility and has doubled my work load. That is in addition to my previous job duties. But, I'm excited. Getting this new program that I'm starting, kicked off the ground and running is going to take some patience on my (and Conal's) part. I can't go in to it half-assed, because it will never work.
I'm excited and thrilled to have more responsibility, more pay AND a guaranteed job through the end of May. If our Companies continue the way we are now, then I will have jobs to come back to in September too!
So, once I get this running, my next ambition is to show him that just two months of managing his staff isn't going to be enough and they'll fall into bad habits over the summer. He's going to need me, at limited capacity (at the least) through out the summer ;-)

Yay Me!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Krissy said...

Congrats!

PCox said...

You'll do great! Whip those babies into shape!!!!