Sunday, May 31, 2009

The end of an era. Our first of many.

Hayden couldn't find her Daddy (who came late and was sitting in the back), so she wasn't very participatory at the school program on the 22nd. She's a hit or miss at these things.

At the Christmas program she was into it like no other. The loudest one up there and groovin' to the beat.
This one, she was just sad. Between songs, when it was just her class...Ms. Monica pointed her Daddy out and positioned her on the side he was on. That made her a bit happier, but still, she was never whole heartedly into it.
Needless to say, she had fun when the program was over and they showed the video montage. She's a favorite at St. Tim's and so she was in a lot of pictures! She LOVED that!
This day was the end of an era for us, for her. She still had a week of school left, but that was the day my grandpa died, so she missed her last week of school as we headed out the following day.
I was emotional anyway, but the thought of leaving the comfort of her school and staff really got to me. They've become extended family to us. Monica has really been a great sense of support and encouragement to me, and I'm truly going to miss her.
I have Tay enrolled there this Fall, but will not be sending her. She will continue in her PPS program for at least this year, so she can receive her services. I hope that she will be able to attend pre-K in another year.
We did come back in time for Hayden to make the Water Day on Friday. I was a volunteer, and had a lot of fun working the cotton candy booth. When the activities were over, Monica gave Hayden and I a hug and kiss and was as emotional as I was...again! (I'm a real mush right now).
It is so nice to be somewhere, where they truly care about the well-being of your children. It is so much more than a job to the staff at that school. I'm sure they've touched hundreds of lives just as they've touched ours.
Over the last year and a half we've really watched Hayden grow. I contribute it all to the patience, tolerance and kind souls of the teachers. They've handled her so delicately and I think the trust they built with her is so prevelant in her attitude.
We won't disappear forever. Hayden's going to do her Religious Ed. there, and she will be attending VBS this Summer.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Now its off to Kindergarten!