Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Saturday Night Sleepover

Smack-dab in the middle of Tay's most recent 2 week Mystery Illness....she had two days of remotely decent health. SO, Pam and I decided to pass the time (she was on eternal clock-watch waiting for her induction with Paisley) by having some fun with the chitlin's!

We started off with a picnic lunch and a swim at our favorite watering hole, Mesquite Groves! The kids had a great time going down the slides, jumping off the diving boards and lounging in the lazy river. As usual, it got crowded around 2:00pm and we were outta there!

We headed our seperate ways just to end up chatting on the phone from home. Realizing that Bub was working his 24 hour shift that night and my mom went for a girls weekend at a resort in Scottsdale, I offered to come out and keep her company...and keep watch, just in case she went into labor. She had the great idea of turning my stay into a slumber party. I knew Conal was just going to be heartbroken about a quiet night with no kids and no wife! haha! So I packed the girls up, picked up one of our favorite salads from Rumbi's, rented a couple of chick flicks and headed out to the QC. I must admit, we had such a blast!

We took Cash's birthday present out with us, since his party was cancelled and we hadn't seen him in awhile. Hullaballoo was a huge hit with all the kids. Pam finished their night off with the story Walter the Farting Dog. HILARIOUS! My girls (and myself) thought it was so funny! Especially since they're not allowed to use the "F" word...they thought it was a riot that Auntie was reading a book with bad words!

Pam and I enjoyed some much needed quiet time and some lovely conversation. It was nice to hang out with my sister with no distractions. Other than Taylor getting up every 10 mins. for an hour and a half because she had a late nap!

The next morning Bub picked up Conal on his way home from the station and we had a nice big pancake breakfast...and were in our pj's till 11:00! It was such a relaxing, fun break to check into Casa Cox for an overnight staycation!

1 comment:

PCox said...

It sure was a nice treat. Thx sister!!