Friday, February 15, 2008

Chick, Chick, CHICKEN!!

It was a momentous day in the Marquette household yesterday...Valentine's Day. No, not because Conal bought me a mini sized heartbox of six chocolates, and when I came back from Target he left me ONE and ate all the rest. But because Taylor got the green light from her allergist to try chicken! Boy, was that music to my ears....and her belly! The experiment is to see if her body can tolerate a chicken protein. She's mildly allergic to meat proteins and very intolerant to them due to her EE.

So, to celebrate I took the girls to Joe's BBQ for a nice v-day lunch. And Taylor got to eat....off the menu! She looked like such a big girl with a plate in front of her! I ordered them a kids lunch and split it. Hayden wanted the side dish of mac-n-cheese and Taylor ate the WHOLE chicken breast. Boneless, skinless, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. We're on close guard to watch for any reactions, but to be quite honest with you, I think we're in the clear. She typically has a reaction right away internally with a belly ache and fusiness, and then her outward reaction within 12 hours with bad blisters all over her bottom. And so far, we have no belly ache, no fussiness, and no blisters! AND....to make matters better, when she woke up from her nap yesterday she wasn't fussy and needing to eat right away. She had a few sips from her bottle, a fruit strip and was able to wait and eat dinner with us! That was a first too!









Hayden wanted her picture taken too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!!!! That is music to my ears! She was my first thought this morning. Yea for Taylor and chicken. Now she can have chicken and rice with the rest of us ;)
Love, Memaw

Bill and Donna said...

Yay Tay!!! Margaritas with some chips and salsa next!!! Oh, well, maybe not next....

Donna

PCox said...

This is such great news! What a breakthrough. I'm just excited that she doesn't have to be left out anymore. I'm sure her beans and veggie meals were getting quite boring to her. This is really great, guys!

We love her so much!