Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Fourth

We had a nice and low key Fourth of July this year! We got a lot done around the house and decided to stay local for fireworks. Pam and her boys came over in the late afternoon, and my parents joined us just a short bit later for hamburgers. I swear, I need to teach someone else...not mentioning any names CONAL, to grill! I was roasting my baguettes off!

The firefighters wife brought sparklers for our kids to play with. My last blister finally popped today, thank you very much ;-) Around dusk, we headed to Mesquite High to watch fireworks. We parked in the Islands, right outside the playground of Islands Elementary school. Not a far walk to the high school, but knowing how miserable my sister was, I suggested we watch from the field of the elementary school. Yes Pam, that was all my idea! Been there, done that and remembered how miserable I was. Althoughhhhhh, you've been there, done that, AND did it again! Regardless of my strange humor, we had a nice night. The boys fell asleep just before the show started, thrilling Pam to no end that she had to sit out in 104 degree temperature for nothing....and my girls enjoyed the show. Tay passed out just before the finale, but she peaked up enough right at the end to whisper "Wow....dem's pretty"!

Taylor....not too thrilled with Sparklers. And Hayden would not get near them. Whined/Cried through that little play time.
Conal and I, on the other hand, were COMPLETE dorks!What would a Memaw and Papa pic be without AT LEAST one kid frowning?!My SUPER CUTE sister with her adorable little pregnant belly, AND the cutest little boys on Earth!!!

1 comment:

PCox said...

Love this post! Maybe 'cuz you called my big fat butt super cute, I dunno!! :)

Oh and thx for not making me waddle all the way to MHS!