Saturday, July 25, 2009

Meet Your Teacher, Hayden!

On Thursday night, July 23rd, we had Meet the Teacher at Hayden's school. From 4:00 to 5:00, kids weren't invited, and the parents went into the kids assigned classrooms for an Orientation. Talk about orgazination and preparation! I love having expectations laid out in front of me from the get-go!
We also got Hayden's teacher assignment that day. She is in Mrs. DeHart's class in room K2. I don't know much about the kindergarten teachers there, except that last Spring, while I spent Wednesday mornings in the Office waiting for Hayden to finish up her Speech therapy sessions, I'd talk to this teacher while her students were at PE, Library, etc. She seemed nice, and an office staff member mentioned that we'd be lucky to get her!
And we did!
My mom brought the girls to us at the school at 5:00 (as that was when children were welcomed into the classroom). Hayden met her teacher and was really thrilled to explore her classroom. She checked out her workspace, her backpack peg, the computers and games and all the good things that come along in a Kindergarten classroom!
Hayden has been very excited to start Kindergarten for quite some time. And now the reality is here. She cannot wait for Monday. I can.

No comments: