Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Adjustment

Yesterday morning, I woke up wondering what on Earth I did to myself taking on a puppy. As if I need just one more thing on my plate right now! She cried all night Monday night. Well, she cried until about 1:00a when I finally went and slept on the couch with her on my chest. She's like a little baby. Although I didn't mind getting up in the middle of the night with my babies, something about the puppy just got to me! However, come morning time yesterday, when it was light out and I could see her face, I fell back in love with her! I questioned every person that I talked to yesterday, looking for advice on what to do with her at night so she won't cry. I can tune the crying out, but Conal and the kids can't. She kept them up Monday night too.


Anyhow, I ended up trying Pam's advice last night. I figured I had so many tips from so many helpful friends, that if that didn't work, I'd just start going down the list. So, I put a leash on her collar and tied it to the bedpost at the head of my bed. I put pee-pee pads down in case of an accident (which she's yet to have), and I layed a nice old blanket over those. When it was time to come to bed I layed down with her on the floor for about 30 seconds rubbing her belly and she was out! She woke up a couple of times, basically repositioning herself. I'd throw my arm down, she'd lick it for a second and go back to sleep. She woke up around 2a a little restless so I took her out to do her business and she came back in and went right to sleep. She slept until 7a!


Not sure how I'm going to feel about 3 big dogs in the bedroom once she's grown, but Daphne takes the closet, Chloe the foot of the bed, so I guess it's only natural for Sophie to take my side. As Meghan said, what's one more tumbleweed of black dog hair, right?! Can someone please remind me of this great attitude I have come July when 2 kids, 3 shedding dogs, and I have been couped up in this house for 3 months and I'm batten at the walls?!?!

No comments: