Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dorothy

I feel guilty, like I'm leaving a member of the family out. So, here goes another animal post. This time, I'm posting on our male beta fish, Dorothy. Hayden named him proudly after Elmo's fish! Dorothy came to us in January when Memaw thought Hayden needed a fish bowl (with the encouragement of my Aunt and my SISTER <----I'm sure of!). Not just any fish bowl....a fish, fish bowl. Look closely at the picture (don't mind the FISH flashcard). Yes, it's a fish with a bowl sitting on top, that graces my kitchen counter. Not many safe places to put it with a wirey 4 year old and curious 1 year old running amuck. We have since had to replace the bowl, as the original sprung a crack one day. We thought we would've had to replace Dorothy by now...but no, he just keeps swimmin' away. I'm not kidding, I feel like I'm living on a funny farm...in the middle of a city block!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I think that fish bowl (literally a fish bowl) with Dorothy in it looks really good on your kitchen counter. Besides, Hayden loves Dorothy! Love ya Bec!
Memaw

Bill and Donna said...

So if my math is right, it's 6 females and 2 males. At least Conal has one other male to bond with in the house, even though he has a girls name!