Monday, September 15, 2008

35 Years!

Yesterday, Conal turned 35 years old. I feel so lucky to have shared his last 11 birthdays with him! Conal is such a quiet guy and doesn't make a fuss about too much, so I like to make a fuss over him on his birthday! Granted, this year I didn't shower him with gifts (I ordered him a gift two weeks ago that's on backorder and didn't make it in time. boohoo), but I did still try to help him have a special day! He thought it was totally hokey, of course. And all I can say is that it could've been worse, I could've decorated the house with streamers and balloons and made him a Mickey Mouse cake!

I thought it would be nice to get out and do something .... okay, re-phrase! I thought it would be nice to go and seek an air conditioned activity to participate in. So, we went bowling. We went to that newer luxurious bowling alley a couple of miles away. You know, the one where you have a 'hostess' that brings your shoes to you and addresses your every bowling need?! Yah, that one! Anyhow. It was Tay's first time bowling and Hayden needed a quick refresher, but in no time these girls were bowling on their own and having a blast. We decided to let Daddy win, since it was his birthday and all ;o)
Conal decided that he wanted to go to Serrano's for his birthday meal. After bowling we enjoyed our delicious Mexican lunch, filled our tummy's to the brim and came home and took naps! Everyone (except me) enjoyed a long, quiet siesta! I got caught up on some tv shows.
I was feeling a little guilty that I didn't have a gift for him, so when I ran to the store in the early evening, I bought him some M&M's. I let the girls each give him a bag. Which totally brought me full circle. It was later last night when I was reminiscing on the day that I remember what I got Conal for his 25th birthday. You see, we met each other just two weeks before he turned 25. So, having only been dating for a couple of weeks, I knew I needed to acknowlege his birthday, but not make a fuss over it. At that point, he was just starting to actually speak! LOL Anyhow, I took him a birthday card and a big bag of M&M's. Little did I know, that those were the key to his heart! So, somewhere in my subconscious, while at Basha's yesterday, I must've been thinking of a way to hit his sweet spot!
Conal, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The girls and I love you so very much and are so proud that YOU are OURS. I wish you many, many more Happy Birthday's.

7 comments:

Krissy said...

I love how you describe things. I can totally picture them. Hey...this is another thing that we are alike on. Brandon's bday was on Saturday. It looks like your little fam had a great time.

AmberM said...

Happy birthday, Conal!!

PCox said...

HAPPY BDAY Con-hole! Looks like you had a great one!!!!

Love,
Your FAVORITE sister-in-law :)

Lori said...

You know if I could I would sing Happy Birthday on this thing. So lets pretend I can :)
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Conallllll...
Happy Birthday to YOU!
We love you,
Lori and Bill too

Lori said...

Hey, no first gymkhana of the season posts?
Come on Bec, Yee Haw!

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Conal! I told her way back when that you were a keeper...not only do you like m&m's but the Redskins too! That is a hard combination to find! ha ha
Looks like you guys had a great day.
Kristy