Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mommy's going back to work.

Tomorrow starts a whole new ballgame in our house (so to speak!). Last December I took my little few hours a month part time job to an administrative level, doing all of the recruiting and hiring for the company I was working for, and it's parent company. It's a seasonal job, and I completed my first 1/2 season in May. I was hired on at 20 hours per week, but as most (or all) of you know, it was never really just a part time job. So, this summer gave me and Conal time to think, regroup and reflect on the benefits that my job brought to our family. We also decided that since I was working a minimum of 30 hours a week, that I would see what they thought of me going more full time. I'm very lucky that they see me as a huge benefit to their staff. We've come up with new job expectations from both sides. So, tomorrow, I start my new season, that will continue through May. I will be recruiting, hiring and orienting new employees. I will also hold a monthly training seminar for employees to keep them in the 'loop' and to keep their minds fresh and active for the upcoming party season. I love my job, I always say that it was "taylor made" for me. I get to work from home, manage my own schedule, yet, bet out amongst people seeking the social interaction that I so badly got to missing during my time as a stay at home mom.

I felt blessed when this opportunity presented itself to me last Winter, and even more so now, that they have seen what I'm capable of and that they're so excited to have me back!
So, we'll have another adjustment phase at our house. It's an adjustment for all of us. Mommy will be working full time from home, maintaining the household, getting Hayden to school and keep Taylor's therapy schedule on track. I will also make sure dinner is made, or at least prepared so Conal can finish it up on the evenings I'm not home, and get the girls to and from their many doctor appointments. Sounds busy, and it will be, but I still can't complain! I'm looking forward, once again, to a steady paycheck! woot-woot :o)
PS...I'm still looking for in-home childcare that I can just drop in when needed (mostly a 2 1/2 year old, occasionally a 5 year old), somewhere between me and St. Tim's. If you know of anyone, PLEASE let me know! I've exhausted referrals and the child care website, as everyone I've called is BOOKED UP. boo-hoo!

3 comments:

AmberM said...

That's great, Bec!! Good luck with everything. OHHH, and by the way...I have to tell you that I was a new subdivision in Fresno no today, and one of the new streets is named "Dee Ann!!" Totally thought of you! ;)

Watson Family said...

I am a stay at home mom now and would love to help! Seriously, just let me know what you need.

PCox said...

You know I'd help any time. But I know it's a pain for you with me living so far out. But if ever you're in a pinch, I'd love to help. Just let me know. If it makes things easier, I'm always up for them to come have sleepovers! ;)