Sunday, October 26, 2008

Arizona State Fair

Okay....next time the morning news comes on and pushes the FREE day at the State Fair...please call us and remind us to STAY HOME!

We were watching the news and heard the story and decided that it would something fun to do, if we got moving early, were there when it opened so we could be back home around lunch time and before it got real crowded. Well, we stuck to that plan alright and did well with all three. We also knew it would be pricey even though there was no admission. Well, pricey is an UNDERSTATEMENT. Seriously....we spent $20 on 40 tickets...and that got 3 people (they made me give up 6 tix to ride w/ Tay, and 6 tix per kid) on the bumble bee ride, 2 kids (6 tix EACH) on the Carousel, and 1 person (9 tix..PER PERSON) for a ferris wheel. I had to spend an extra $13.50 to get the other 3 of us on the ferris wheel with Hayden. GOOD GRIEF! Not only did I go against my every good, strong instinct of staying OFF Fair rides that leave the ground, I let MY KIDS go on it too!
Anyhoooo....Hayd loved the animal exhibits. Touching the sheep, llama, cows, etc. Was mad because we wouldn't pay $10 to ride on some small little ponies (although she quickly got over that because "Cooopers horses are better"! LOL) and Taylor wanted to eat about everything in sight, but couldn't! Oh yah...and wouldn't keep her dirty, germ infested fingers out of her mouth! Ewwww.......
So, here are pictures from our Arizona State Fair experience.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

How fun!
Things ALWAYS cost more than we think. Isn't that the truth?

PCox said...

I hope you guys had fun and I hope you took HAND SANITIZER!! Shame on you... I saw that picture of you holding the bar on that ride. Ding ding ding... I guessed it!! That's where Conal got strep throat!

Becca said...

OMG...you are probably right. I never even thought about that!