Monday, October 27, 2008

Eight Years

I recently told one of my sister in laws that "I love this man more then the day I married him". "Really? Why?" she questioned...joking, of course!
However, over the past week since I said that, I can't help but think about my comment. I know I feel that way, but I actually said it aloud, and that makes it more real.
I do, I love Conal, more today, then the day that I married him. That day, October 27, 2000, I could not ever imagine loving him more, but I do. I've learned how we've changed and grown and gotten to this point, this wonderfully peaceful point in our marriage, in our lives.
I think that everyone thinks about that fairytale ending. Happily ever after. About which direction you want your life to go, your future goals, your dreams....together and individually. I've realized that even though we do talk about the future from time to time, we seem to be so much more focused on the present. The here and now.
If there's something we have learned in the last few years, it's that we have no control over the future. So instead of trying to determine it, or wonder, or wish....we are making the most out of each and every day.
Conal is my solid, my constant, my strength. He keeps me even. He's an amazing husband and my best friend.
Our life, our relationship is not perfect. It has challenges and ups and downs like anyone else. But I can truly say....for our lives, that seem to incur a lot of winding roads, he's the only co-pilot I'd ever want next to my side.
I love you Conal, thank you for 8 amazing years. Here's to having no more kids, sneaking junk food snacks after the girls go to bed, hoping the Yankees have a turn around in '09 (I'm so sorry), and "starting on Monday" ;o)

5 comments:

Krissy said...

I have to totally agree with you. Its amazing to love your husband and wonder, "How could I ever love him more?" and then somehow you do. I can't imagine my life without Brandon, just as I'm sure you feel the same way about Conal.
Happy anniversary!

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary!

AmberM said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! We love you all very much!

Kristy said...

Aww! That was such a sweet post. You guys are so lucky to have each other. You are a perfect match and have an amazing family. I love you guys lots and hope someday I will find my own guy as cool as Conal. :0)
Happy Anniversary!

PCox said...

I couldn't imagine you without him. I think it's wonderful that you love each other so much. It's hard to find... That's for sure!You guys are meant to be together and your girls are so lucky to have both of you. One day they'll realize how you both fight for their wellbeing like nobody else I've ever met.
I hope you guys had a nice, quiet dinner together last weekend!!