Thursday, October 23, 2008

"I wost my toof"

We noticed a couple of weeks ago that one of Hayden's bottom teeth was loose. I saw her eating an apple on the side of her mouth and she told me her teeth were hurting. My first thought was 'GREAT, a cavity'! But, as soon as she opened her mouth, I saw her tiny little tooth a little displaced and very loose!

I was sure she was going to lose it while we were out of town. I packed her tooth pillow and sent it off with her, sad, but knowing when I got home, she was going to be toothless.
HOWEVER.....she decided to wait for me! (You know, cuz it's all about me!) Apparently, the front side was not attached, but the back side still needed some working. So Papa showed her how to push her tooth in the opposite direction of what she was, to loosen it up more. Well, that worked, I'm convinced she played with that thing all weekend! First thing on Monday morning, she had been up for about 30 minutes and was playing outside, and comes running to the door jumping and screaming in sheer excitement. "I wost my toof! I pulled it out with my fingers!"
I'm not kidding, she was SO excited. Over the past week, she would just come up to us, out of nowhere, clapping and singing because she was about to lose a tooth. It was genuinely so cute! She wanted to call her cousins Cooper and Morgan, and her Papa, to tell them, because she was so proud!
That night, she put her tooth in her tooth pillow, and told me she needed to fall asleep really fast so that the tooth fairy could find her and leave her some dollars!
So....next up, the sister tooth sitting right next to the empty hole. It's completely moved. It's filling in the hole that was the lost tooth's home. Her bottom teeth look like a jack-o-lantern. Although, I'm not too worried. That one is quite loose, and she seems to spend lots of time wiggling it with her tongue :)

4 comments:

Lori said...

The first of many. I loved how she described that whole experience. Priceless!

Krissy said...

Its so exciting wheh little ones loose their 1st tooth.

PCox said...

How cute... It really makes her look like a little big girl. You know what I mean.
I can't wait to see her in person.

Kristy said...

AWW! A jack-o-lantern just in time for Halloween! Cute pictures! I'm glad her tooth waited for you. :0)