Sunday, December 14, 2008

32

Do I look older? Nah, I didn't think so ;o)

Last Friday, I turned 32. I must say, it was a great birthday! It was so low-key, yet it didn't go unnoticed!
On Thursday the 4th, my bosses took me out for lunch. They gave me a gift of loungewear that I've been wanting. I think every girl must own a Dreamsacks Bamboo Dreams outfit!
Then, on Friday, my sister came over bright and early to do a garage sale. I was up at 5:30am, which doesn't sound like the ideal birthday morning, but it was really fun! Pam brought me a cinnamon raisin birthday bagel (although I don't like bagles! LOL) and Andrew brought me a nice pot of French Press coffee. Conal had the day off, which seemed like a big treat in itself! The kids had a blast playing throughout our neighborhood; riding bikes and scooters and eating a picnic on the driveway! Pam and I continued our sale until late in the afternoon and then did some running around together, while Conal kept an eye on the kids!
That night, my sister took the girls home with her to stay the night. Conal and I enjoyed a really nice dinner with just my mom and dad. I don't think we've been in the same room, much less a restaurant, with my mom and did sans kids in over 5 years. It was so enjoyable to take our time, laugh, joke and have no interruptions!
After a full and blessed day, we met up for a couple of cocktails with Bonnie and Andrew at a new neighborhood pub just down the street. Murphy's Law! We had a great time, an evening full of laughter, and a day full of enjoyment and love.

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes!

1 comment:

Kim said...

OMG - Your Birthday!!! I feel like a horrible friend! Did not Know!!! I remember yours is around the same time as Tamra but zoned it! Please forgive! It sounds like you had a great day! Happy Belated Birthday my friend!