Monday, December 15, 2008

"Gingy" the Gingerbread House

Hayden named their gingerbread house, Gingy. Silly girl! I bought one house (next time I'll get two) for the girls to decorate last weekend. They had a ton of fun, but bickered, of course, over the candy. Taylor ate more candy than what was actually put on the house. Hayden would line the roof with "lights" and Taylor would take them off behind her, eating them! That annoyed Hayden to no end!

I mixed the icing for them and they did EVERYTHING all by themselves. I did absolutely nothing but pipe the windows and door. They frosted the roof all by themselves, and carefully placed the sugary confections where they glistened the best!
Even though Taylor ate all the candy (and only ended up sleeping about 3 hours that night---from a sugar high, I'm convinced), they had a lot of fun working together!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love it!!!

AmberM said...

How SWEET...literally! ;)

PCox said...

You did your piping really good. Mine is a train-wreck!!

Krissy said...

Looks like fun. You're a good mom!