Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Nutcracker

Last Sunday, the girls and I, along with Pam and Coop, went with my mom to see the Nutcracker. The Ballet Etudes production was just down the street at the Chandler Center for the Arts. We had great seats...center stage about 11 rows up.

To be quite honest, I was really worried about taking the girls. They've both been to the Broadway production of Annie last year after Christmas at Gammage and did wonderfully, but they know that story, and there is lots of singing and interaction to keep their interest. I, myself, have had a hard time staying focused in the Nutcracker, so I really questioned them making it.
Much to my surprise, they both loved it! It held their interest and totally captivated them. Tay was a bit whiney the second half because she wanted a "drink of milk". But she still was very well behaved and never moved off of my mom's lap. Cooper, did great! He did fall asleep about 5 minutes from the end. But for a 4 year old boy to sit through a ballet, I'm amazed!
My mom got the kids an ornament souvenir to mark our special day. Cooper picked out a Nutcracker and Hayden and Tay each picked a ballerina. Tay's a serial ballerina anyway, so this just fed her frenzy!
Thanks Memaw, for a very fun afternoon!

No comments: