Friday, December 19, 2008

"We Wisssshhhhhh You a Merry Chrithmath"......

WARNING: This post is loaded with LOTS OF BRAGGING!!! We all know that I'm not a bragger, in fact, I probably down play my girls' successes to others rather than up play them, as I know what it feels like to be on the opposite end of those who do not let up their kids!! So, this is my blog and my moment, I'm going to brag to High Heaven, and there's nothing anyone can do 'bout it! :o)

Hayden has been practicing "We wish you a Merry Chrithmath", along with 4 or 5 other songs for the last few weeks, getting ready for today. The big Christmas program at her school. (Oh yah, sidenote, she now refers to it only as school. It's no longer church-school!) Progress, people!

And speaking of progress....Hayden did nothing short of surprise and inspire me, and warm my heart to Heaven and back today.

Her school director and music teacher Ms. Monica and Ms. Deann have been telling me for the last couple of weeks how much Hayden is coming out of her shell in music. In fact, one day Ms. Monica had tears and chills because of Hayden's response to class! She's taken such a love and interest in Hayden that we could've never asked or hoped for. It's been AMAZING!

We've known since Hayden was small that she's drawn to music, like most kids, but even a little more in 'tuned' with it. It's her 'comfort' zone and she really responds well to music when we're battling her needs for structure or 'quiet time'. Okay, I'm TOTALLY digressing.

Back on track.

They've been telling me that the strides she's making in music class are phenomenal and they can't wait for me to to see her in the program. I was a little skeptical that she would actually perform when it came time. Her first program there last Spring, we saw the back of her head, mostly. She was shy and embarrassed and just wanted out from in front of the crowds of people. Then, in October, at her All Saints program she stood (facing forward) but did not mimic a word. So, obviously, I was ready for her Christmas program, a proud mommy and excited to see her (a whole head taller than the rest of the school) in her pretty dress, regardless if she sang or not.


She walked out with a scowl and I thought that was pretty much how it was going to go. After the first two songs, her class took a seat. And she sat with a pout until it was time to get back up on the stage. Her class, combined with the MWF class sang two songs by themselves, and goodness gracious did that girl turn it on. She was so into the singing and the motions, and even had her eyes closed at one point she was so into it! My mom and I were laughing so that we had tears running down our faces. Not only was I so proud and emotional at what was going on before my eyes, it was also the funniest thing EVER! You know little kids, when they get on a stage they tend to scream. Well, Hayden, in her zone, wanted all voices melodic, apparently! Some little kid in the front row was screaming the lyrics and from the back row, she points and says "SHH!" really loud! It was a riot! She was in her own world, right on beat, right on cue. Singing, moving, dancing. From the moment the music started, she be-bopped to the rhythm right on course. (They had a hard time convincing me, too, that she can stay on beat. They were right again!)

This years Christmas program will be one that I will not forget. After it was over, the teachers all came up to me with tears in their eyes as well. They are so proud of her too, it's heartwarming. Ms. Monica took her to meet some members of her family, and as I followed, wanting a picture of her and Hayden she said the nicest thing to me. I mentioned that I am going to be sad when Hayden leaves there at the end of the school year, and she said that she's going to be even sadder. That Hayden as sure brightened her days and it makes her sad to think that of Hayden leaving and not seeing her every day next year.

I was referred to St. Tim's last December by a friend, in all my haste and desperation to find a school that would be remotely beneficial for Hayden. It just came to her in a thought, while we were talking one day. I hung up with her and called, and boy, was that the best call I've ever made. The response Hayden has had there in undeniably incredible!



1 comment:

Lori said...

Hayden was awesome up there on stage. It is one day I will never forget as well. I'm so glad I got to witness it for myself. She was IN TO IT!