Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Cox Family

I'm so happy for Pam and Bubba. They have made many sacrifices over the course of the last year. Not only did he embark on a journey of chasing his dreams, she quit working and decided to stay home with the boys.

That's quite an adjustment in itself. Bubba has put in endless hours of training and studies and has been amiss in his family for the past several months, which hasn't been easy on any of them. Pam has put in countless hours of selflessness and dedication to their family.

I know I totally sound like a "big sister" but I can't help but be so proud of them. (I know, that really shows my age)!!

This past weekend was the culmination of all of their sacrifice. Bubba graduated from the Chandler Fire Academy. Not only graduated, but out of only four awards given, he was the recipient of the Physical Fitness award. Conal and I are utterly amazed at Bubba's determination, strength and perseverance. Not only does he follow his dreams, he sees mental or physical challenges as just that....a challenge. He runs beyond exhaustion, he studies beyond explanation and he shatters times, scores and limits.
They are so determined and focused and are truly inspirational. I'm glad they're such a big part of our lives and our girls lives. I think they've got so much to share just with their presence.

1 comment:

PCox said...

Okay so I'm totally crying. I think that's the nicest thing I've heard in such a long time. Thank you so much!! Seriously... That means so a lot to us!