Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Happiest Place On Earth

I took Hayden to Disneyland over Mother's Day weekend. My mom joined us, and I must say, we had a BLAST!! We flew over Friday morning (I overslept! We were supposed to pick my mom up at 6am and I woke up at 5:59am. Not a great start!). However, we made it to the airport with time to spare and enjoyed the short flight to Orange County. Once we arrived we found a $20 van transfer to our hotel, we got checked in and were through the gates of Disneyland by 10:30. We did Fantasyland first...and we determined Hayden is not a fan of the kiddie rides. That was music to our ears! They're loud and busy and quite scary for her, and she told us she likes "fast" rides! A girl after my own heart. So, other then Dumbo, the teacups and the carousel, we got to steer clear of Fantasyland and all it's over-crowdedness. We went on just about every ride there was to go on, many of them twice. Her favorite rides are Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad and Finding Nemo. She's not a fan of the Haunted Mansion after going on it and didn't feel like going on the Jungle Cruise because she didn't want to see "fake elephants".
We enjoyed lots of junk food and Hayden really liked the Parade of Dreams. She stayed awake for the fireworks show this year on Friday night and on Saturday night we watched Fantasmic. We really enjoyed about every inch of the park. We did rides and experiences my mom and I have never done before, and we did many of our favorites twice. It was a great weekend to go...not real crowded and the weather was great!

Getting an autograph and a hug from Pluto

Behind the scenes on Winnie the Pooh ride after it brokedown while we were in the middle of it
Mickey and Hayden Hayden wanted Memaw to sit on her lap to take a picture, Memaw settled for next to her!

4 comments:

AmberM said...

I am so jealous!! I want to go to Disneyland so bad. Maybe in a few years we can all plan a trip and meet there....that would be so much fun.

Watson Family said...

Hayden is a lucky little girl! I bet she will remember that trip for a long time.

Lori said...

It was a weekend to remember. We had so much fun didn't we! I'll never forget sitting in front of you and Hayden on Splash Mountain for the second time, listening to her screem along with everyone else and me asking her if she was alright after the first drop. Her reply "Memaw, I'm not afraid" was classic. lol What was I thinking??? What a awesome weekend at Disneyland.

Kristy said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you guys had a great weekend! Good for you guys! I'm going with you next time! :0)