Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Horton Hears a Who

The girls and I have been caged in since Friday night and we're batten at the seams! It's too hot to play outside and Taylor can't get water in her ears, so swimming is out of the question. Conal came up with an idea that I pondered for a couple of hours but decided to try. We went to the movies. It was Taylor's first movie, hence the hesitation.

First, we went to the [indoor] mall, and I let them run off some steam in the play area. After about 30 minutes, I decided to pack it up (it was getting really crowded with kids too big to play in there) and hit the movies.

I must say, they loved the movie. Taylor sat in my lap through the entire movie and didn't budge. There were two other mom's in there with their little'uns. One mom (who let her kiddo run up and down the stairs and back and forth through each aisle) ended up leaving about 30 minutes into the movie, the other mom had her children contained well too.


I'm hoping this is a good pre-cursor for a fun activity we have planned for the summer. Pam and I have tickets through a Harkins movie deal that every Friday at 9:30a we take the kids to a designated child-friendly movie at one specific theater. The movies are pre-set for each week so we know if one won't interest our kids, we can bow out of that week. We're not too sure how Tay and Cash will do. The cost was only around $21.00 for the entire summer (I think it's 6 or 8 movies) for all 3 of us, so, if we have to leave early due to toddler (lack of) attention span, I won't feel bad for doing so. However, after today, I'm pretty optimistic that it's going to pan out as a fun summer activity for us!

3 comments:

harbfam00 said...

Sounds like fun!We have FREE movies twice a week during the summer. We hit it often last summer...not sure how this year will go with a baby.Can't beat someone elses AC

AmberM said...

That's so cool...I totally remember your Mom taking us to the movies one summer! I can't remember the movie, but I distinctly remember going...crazy, huh?

Meghan said...

That's so cute. Taylor was probably thinking "Wow, that's the biggest TV I've ever seen!" It will be a good way to escape the heat this summer. A nice cool ice rink would be refreshing too.