Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Children's Museum of Phoenix

I've been wanting to take the girls to the new Children's Museum of Phoenix all summer long. Last night, I finally decided that after OT today, we were going to go. It's in "The City", as Hayden calls it, and I just don't make it to The City too often.
What a fun, educational, aerobic place to be! It's in the old Monroe School on 7th St. so it's rather large. They're still adding exhibits and activities as they've only been open a few short months, but they've got a few different things on 3 seperate floors. All in all, it's on a completely different level than the Mesa Youth Museum. Don't get me wrong, Mesa has some great exhibits come in and the girls have a lot of fun playing there, but this was really nice for a change. It's much more hands-on! There's really not much art yet. But they've got individual play areas set up in remodeled classrooms, and they've got something for everyone. They've even got a great looking playzone for kids under 3. You know, so older, more rambunctious siblings don't tackle or charge over the little ones? They've got a lot to offer, and at $9 per person (unless you're under 1) I think it's worth the price. We were there from almost 4 hours and the girls soaked in every minute. I enjoyed watching them play with one another. We did some fun crafts and some cute older lady volunteers were getting a kick trying to teach Taylor how to hula hoop! What a wonderful day!Tay, loading up on groceries
Hayden making some pasta while her pizza was in the brick oven!Scooping some ice cream for Mommy...they actually had a line of about 1/2 a dozen kids that they served. Of course, I didn't think to take a picture of that!Making a Mickey Mouse ears hat, with feathers!Taylor picked feathers that matched her shirt, go figure!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Props to the new Children's Museum. I just started noticing their advertisements. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

PCox said...

Looks like so much fun!! I'm glad the girls had a great day. What a great idea!! Something fun and it's all in the A/C!

mommie of three said...

I have been wanting to check that out, maybe Bella and I will venture over there!

Kim said...

Does your OT have any openings? We just lost ours due to scheduling conflicts! A friend had a bad experience at the Children's Museum, so I'm glad you guys had a good time - I need to check it out; although I do love the Mesa one too!