Thursday, August 14, 2008

Special days with Papa

I'm not going to whisper, but I will quietly admit...we've enjoyed having Papa off over the summer! Shh...don't tell him (wink, wink)! He's picked the older grandkids up, individually for a special day and a sleepover, he took the two older grandkids to the movies and out to lunch, he joined us at swim lessons and he's pinch babysat for me a couple of times. It's been nice for the kids to spend good quality time with Papa and I've enjoyed my Dad!

I think because Papa had so much fun swimming with us on Hayden's birthday, he decided he wanted to do a pool party. Of course...that's right up our alley! Last Wednesday we met my sister and the kids along with Papa at his pool for a splash bash and lunch. We all had a blast swimming and Papa made a delicous, thoughtful lunch. Making sure that each grandchild feels important and not left out, he made a spaghetti lunch so that Tay could eat right along with the others!
With all that my Dad has been through in the last year, it's nice to see him relaxed, healthy and enjoying life!

2 comments:

AmberM said...

Ok, I'm wiping the tears away...I'm so glad that he is doing well. He looks amazing! What special summer memories the kiddos will have. Love you all!

Lori said...

I'm not sure who enjoyed this day most. Thanks for blogging about it. Papa LOVED spending the day with you all and treating his family as special as you all are.