Friday, February 20, 2009

DDD Press Conference

I was asked to be a speaker at the press conference with the Senator this morning. I was just standing on the sidewalk with my girls when they came up and approached me. It was amazing! I got to speak out for those who can't, in regards to the benefits of Early Intervention, and what it's done for my daughter and family! Big budget cuts hit DDD and rocked over 3000 families in the Arizona:-( This press conference didn't bring the budget back obv., but it shows the support of all of the families that it has benefitted...we're not going down without a fight! It was great too, because Conal showed up unexpected..we had no idea I was going to do anything other than 'listen' to Senator Taylor. We also heard a compelling story from a mother who has a 1 year old with Down Syndrome whose services were stripped from them yesterday. It goes to show that we, who have our children's best interest at heart, may be temporarily defeated, but we will not go down.
So, I spoke out on the benefits Early Intervention via AzEIP has done for us. Now, I continue my fight for help for Hayden...my battle for Autism help.

As soon as I find the video coverage, I will post it. There's got to be video somewhere!

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Wow! That's amazing. I'm anxious to see the video.

Kacie said...

Absolutely amazing, Becca. Sending huge love and hugs your way. You go girl!

PCox said...

I'm so proud of you! Your girls will be so proud of their mommy one day when they truly understand what you do for them.

AmberM said...

Bec, that was truly an amazing opportunity, and I am so incredibly proud of you for taking it! Your family is so very lucky to have you as their advocate. Your courage is so incredibly touching and inspiring! Love ya!!