Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Meh

I'm not sure what it is. Is it sunshine overload? The fact that we only had one week of winter, and even though I've loved 'airing' my house out, I'm not ready for it to be warm yet. Is it the simple fact that we're inundated around every corner we turn with the sagging economy, layoffs and company closures? Could it be that my house is so clean that there's really nothing for me to do around here other than a few loads of laundry? And there's a reason there's laundry, I don't like doing it. So I'm ignoring it!
I duhno, today is just a blue day.
My grandpa is not doing well. That's an emotional rollercoaster. It's hard being so far away and knowing that the burden is resting solely on a tiny fraction of our family. HE is not a burden, but it's a high maintenace situation, that requires a lot of care and attention.
It could be the fact that I haven't slept well in the last few nights. Seems I've had so much going on lately, I don't wanna call it drama or stress, but it probably fits well into that category, that now that life is ironed out a bit, and we're in the waiting room so to speak, I don't know what to do with myself.
I'm used to being slammed with work, and we're still quiet. I'm attending numerous Networking functions and working on outside sales and marketing, so there's not much I can do in the daytime, work-wise, with the girls home. I'm still at 20 hours a week and not going over them. I've definatley enjoyed spending more time with the girls during the day. Doing fun stuff. But today, mustering up the thought or energy just seems, well..meh.
I thought about taking them to the zoo or the Children's Museum, but I really didn't feel like taking them by myself. Guess I should've gone anyhow! Because now, they're showered and dressed and watching tv while I click away on this keyboard. Fine parenting, at it's best.

I work tonight, another Networking function. I'm not great in a room full of people I don't know. I can fake it, but the nerves drive me nuts and make me queasy. I'll get through it and be glad when it's over.
Well, whatever it is, I hope it's gone tomorrow!

1 comment:

AmberM said...

All I can say is that I sooooo feel you today! I had to get up and out, and by lunch time I was wishing I had stayed hidden in bed. Good luck with your function. Here's to a better tomorrow!!