Friday, February 6, 2009

Dessert Hour Baby Shower

(This will be a little redundant to those of you who read Pam's blog too!)
On Monday night Pam and I pulled off the surpise of all surprises. Well, Pam did, I just helped! Jenna's due next month, and although she didn't want a baby shower due to her selflessness...not wanting to put anyone on the spot during this time of economic crisis, Pam had a great idea....throw her a SURPRISE shower! I was on board the minute we talked about it. A surprise would prevent any chances of her trying to talk us out of it!
She and Scott are expecing a little boy, and all of Kadie's pink, albeit cute clothes, wouldn't go well on him! So, she needed new gifts and the chance to spend a little uninterrupted time with those who care for her so much!
Jenna's mom lives at Val Vista Lakes, and so she was able to secure the Clubhouse for us to do this in. It made for no set up, an easy clean up, and a fun out-of-the-house place to have a gathering. The party was at 7:00 and lasted about an hour. We served many types of desserts and punch...hence Dessert Hour Baby Shower. Cheesy, I know!
We can't wait to meet Carter and I wish Jenna a fast and painless delivery! But for my own selfish reasons, I don't want him to come early, I'm losing my babysitter!! ha ha J/K...Jenna, I know you'll be ready to be done and for your sake, I hope he's a week or two early!

3 comments:

Watson Family said...

You are so sweet, thanks again for the shower! Taylor is still welcome to come over after the baby is born! She is a super easy-going kid who is easy to take care of. Kadie loves having her here.

PCox said...

Thanks so much for all your help with this!

kdelano said...

Becca I like your hair!!!! The new color is cute!!! (It might not be so new, but I haven't seen you recently).

I love it!!!! cute, cute!