Monday, July 28, 2008

The Dark Knight

I planned a last minute, surprise date with Conal when he got home from work today. My mom picked the girls up for me on her way home and kept them for a few hours. We've had a span of tough luck lately and I've decided that today was going to be a turnaround day (not that it's in my control)! We have both been wanting to see The Dark Knight, but we rarely ever get to go to the movies. A couple of hours in the cool quiet theater, not having to think or function was the perfect rx!
I'm not a big comic book-movie-girl, but goodness, I loved this movie. I thought it definately lived up to the hype. Heath Ledger was an absolutely incredible Joker, he was a remarkable actor, at least in this role. I thought the theatre would be empty since school is back in session, but to our surprise, at the 4:20 matinee, there were quite a few people there. We over indulged on soda, popcorn and candy and thoroughly enjoyed the time off! Thanks Mom and Dad for helping us out with the kids today. We really appreciate it and the girls had a wonderful time at your house, as usual!And, here's my new Hollywood crush. Totally worth seeing the movie :)

3 comments:

AmberM said...

I'm not a big comic book movie person either, but I really would love to go see this one. Glad to hear that you guys got away for a bit. Sometimes a little break does make everything better!

Lori said...

Your very welcome. It was our pleasure!

Kristy said...

I loved it too! I went to see it last week and Heath Ledger was amazing and Christian Bale is super hot! ;0)