Friday, July 18, 2008

My big helper


Hayden is such a big help to me today...when she's not making a mess or running a-muck! There are times when she's really got it in her mind that she wants to help mommy with as much as she can. Today as been one of those days. I dunno, maybe it's the fact that yesterday was a terrible day for her...she was supposed to clean her room all day. She had many punishments but nothing seemed to get through to her until Daddy got home. Regardless, her room and Tay's were cleaned up before she went to bed and today started anew!

The girls woke me up this morning and Hayden informed me that Taylor had a fresh diaper and bottle. True...she changed her diaper and made her a bottle. She knows 4 scoops of formula, but not how much water. So, it was a little low, but that doesn't matter. Tay gets a bottle of formula to increase her caloric intake, so more to less is just fine!

She then helped me unload the dishwasher and sort the laundry, loaded the basin and cleaned her bathroom counter. I folded some laundry and she put all of hers away.

I know not to get too thrilled about someone helping as opposed to making the mess. But it's been great having her around, making my life a little easier. And even more fun teaching her little lessons on keeping up the household! I think I'll even give her a little allowance as incentive ;)

No comments: