Friday, July 18, 2008

Where the magic happens...

This is where the magic happens! Our big, little girl, Tay, is just forging on so wonderfully with potty training! She's a bright kid so I really am not surprised, but I am so proud of her. A couple months back I tried, as she showed interest, but she fell off the big toilet at one point and that put a fear into her. So I backed off until I thought it might be a good time again.

The timing seems right and she is really taking to it. She doesn't like to be in a diaper at all, much less a wet one. In the last 24 hours, she's had one wet one and that was when she woke up this morning. I didn't even have to change it, thanks to Hayden. That girl loves changing diapers! I've been letting her run around naked or with a Pull-Up (thanks Heather, for the leftovers!) and have been setting her on her toilet every 30 minutes or so. Well, to our surprise, her last pee-pee she took off her diaper, handed it to me, went into the bathroom and got her toilet paper, and came out into hallway where her toilet was and did her business! She was quite proud of herself and so were we!! We make a huge deal each time she goes and she gets a licorice (since we've got tons of leftovers from camping still!). I'm even more proud that she did it on her own. Way to go Tay! I'm just thrilled at the thought that I may be nearing the end of a diaper purchasing/changing era!

1 comment:

Lori said...

WOW, good for Taylor! I'm so proud of her! Big girl panties are right around the corner. She's going to love picking her own out.