Saturday, July 26, 2008

Outer Space and Stars and Skies

Tuesday night after Bill and Gigi left, my girls were wound tight. Very hyper from a fun and exciting visit from their grandpa and there was no immediate settling in sight. They needed to burn off some steam so, we threw them (figuratively) back outside and told them to run it out of their system before they came back in! They generally go to bed around 8:15, with the wind down starting at 8:00. Well, it was now 8:30 and they were still having fun running crazy, playing in the sprinkler, drawing with chalk and watching themselves dance in the sliding door reflection (we even had to tell them to turn the radio down, they were blasting it!). At that point, Conal went to bed and told me I was on my own!

I noticed around 8:45 that they'd quieted down and I couldn't find them. So, I went out in search just to find them in the corner of the patio lying on a pile of chair cushions. They made a little fort and were minding their own business. So, I came back and let them be. I went back out at 9:30 and they both jumped up! Taylor pointed upwards and started telling me "space, skies, stars. black and night and airplanes, mommy". It took me a second to realize what she was saying. So I asked Hayden and she said that she was teaching Taylor about outer space and stars and skies so that when she gets to preschool she would already know all that stuff, then she could just play!
I thought that was too cute. These little sisters just love each other. I know one day, we're sure to face some type of rivalry or something, but as for now...they are the best of friends. We're so lucky and it makes me so grateful that they have each other.

1 comment:

AmberM said...

That is so sweet! Sisters are such a special gift in our lives...I hope that they remember that when they are fighting over who took whos makeup! ;)