Monday, July 14, 2008

WARNING!, lots of sentance fragments and run-ons and ons and ons

What's one to do when the clock strikes 12:37am and she can't sleep? Turn on the computer and blog....that bright light is sure to keep me up for at least another hour or two! I've heard of writing everything down that it's your mind...in the dark or dim lighting...and then you'll be able to go back to bed and rest easy. The problem is...'in my head' is nonsense! I'm not really stressed. I'm not bogged down with 'to-do's'. And the house is nice and cool. So, I think I just can't sleep. On that note...I shall chronicle this day that just passed. A strange day it was.

Waking up this morning I didn't want to lift my head. It was a melancholy morning, the last day of Conal's vacation. It was a great week...10 days actually, that he had away from work. We've not been on a 'real' vacation in almost three years and I think we're starting to get used to it. Typically though, the last few vacations he's had have been a bit challenging. Tay was usually very fussy or sick, and Hayden wanted an agenda daily - not the best combo for relaxation! This week we stayed rather busy with 4th of July parties, camping prep/camping, and a day of watersports at Bartlett Lake with our good friends. So going to bed last night, I was a bit sad knowing that today we would wake up with a whole different 'feel' around here.

Hayden got up with a runny nose, but as usual, she shot out of her room like a canon, at full speed wanting to watch the Fox and the Hound and begging for me to play Lady Marmalade while I got the movie ready so she could dance! Taylor got up wanting "ahpop" (ice pops) and didn't stop until about 10:30 when I finally caved! Conal did some yard work and watched some golf and I actually took a nap. That is a RARE occasion around here. The weather was gloomy...our favorite but it was icky out. My father in law was supposed to land around noon and we were going to go up to N.PHX around 5-ish and have dinner with them. Well, they sat on a runway for over 4 hours waiting to get out of Atlanta just to get to ABQ, and because they were running low on gas, they had to refuel. For some reason, the plane wouldn't start back up, so I got an email at 10:30 this evening that they're sleeping over with the hopes of catching an early flight Monday morning. Strange coincidence is that I got a call from a friend stuck on a runway in Newark for several hours as well. She was wanting me to look up flights for them, as they were going to miss their connection in SLC and her hubs has to be at work at 5:30am Monday...not happening, they can't get here till noon. So, don't know if it truly was the weather in the east in both cases, or if it was Delta airlines pulling some crazy schtick on it's passengers? Beings she said they couldn't see a cloud in the sky, I'm tending to believe the latter. Call me cynical!

Sorry, digressing! Anyhow, the valley had the largest amount of rain in the shortest amount of time that it's seen in, like, forever. And oh yah...Taylor swallowed 2 pennies and later decided to drink out of some squeezy bath toy that had something moldy-mildewy inside that hadn't been squeezed out in awhile that she found mixed amongst the bath toys. Back to the pennies. I looked online to see what to do if your child swallows a penny, and lo and behold, there are a bazillion links to guide you. Most said wait 24-48 hours and keep check on their diapers. They're not dangerous and relatively easy to pass. If they're not wheezing, choking or gagging they should be fine. I also decided to call poison control just to see what they had to say. Ditto...until they asked if she's ever had intestinal surgery or issues. Great, here we go! I said yes...blah, blah, blah, and they recommended me call my pediatrician and were pretty sure she'd order an x-ray. I hung up and pondered and decided, well, I'll call, she knows T well and she'll shoot straight with me. Screw that....they charge $35 just for a call back from the nurse or doctor. WHAT? Do you know what I could do with $35...other than make a phone call? Heck ya, that's like 7 gallons of gas! LOL. Digressing again.....I decided to wait it out. I will call the ped. Monday morning and see what she thinks. I may even wait till Tuesday. Yep, think I'll wait till Tuesday evening and if she hasn't passed it, I'll call Wednesday. The PCC's concern is the penny getting stuck on any built-up scar tissue and needing to be surgically removed. I stopped her in her tracks and said "We don't talk like that, things are looking up for us for the rest of the year!" LOL...she thought I was kidding!

As our day progressed...the kids made a disaster at the dinner table with their spaghetti because I filled them each a bowl and left the kitchen. I was tired of kids and decided to eat later, after they would go to bed and partake in an US Weekly and catch up on my celebrity gossip in peace and quiet. I paid for that one...they went nuts. Hayden was drawing pictures in the glass with sauce and Taylor dumped her bowl on Chloe's back, which Daphne was graciously cleaning it off for her.
Fast forward...bath, eating some moldy-mildewy crap, water every where...no pooping in the tub today though, YAY! Lotion, jammies, kisses, bed!
Now, if only I could fall asleep, my clock now reads 1:06am.

No comments: