Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's here, it's finally here.

Although it's only 3:51pm right now and the final temperature has not yet been recorded for today, I think it's safe to say that Fall is finally here. It's GORGEOUS out! It's around 77 degrees, sunny, crisp and beautiful. I'm sure the leaves won't change until about January, like they did last year. But I'm still thrilled to have a cool down. Summer's get so long being couped up between 4 walls and stale air conditioning. I have my house opened up, my ceiling fans on medium instead of high, and my mulled cider candle burning in the kitchen. I'm trying to make it feel like a real Autumn day. What could top it off? A nice warm soup cooking on the stove or a fragrant roast in the crockpot. Where is that dinner fairy?

2 comments:

Krissy said...

How nice. These days 77 feels HOT. We dropped 30 -40 degrees in about 3 days. That makes it feel even colder when your body doesn't get a chance to slowly acclimate.

AmberM said...

How nice...we went from sweatin' one day to freezing the next! OK, well I did, but I am ALWAYS cold. Still it seems like Fresno got frigid quite suddenly this year.