Monday, November 24, 2008

Thursdays with Jenna and Kadie

For the last couple of months, every Thursday, Jenna has been watching Taylor for us. I was looking everywhere for childcare for one afternoon a week, and the occasional drop-in, when she sent me a note telling me that she was able to do it since she was no longer working and home with Kadie all day. Oh my goodness, that was the answer to my prayers! We could not feel any better about her there, were she at one of our own family members homes.

Taylor LOVES going to "Shanna and Keedee's house". She looks forward to it and everyday that we get into the car to take Hayden to school, she asks if she's gets to go. When I tell her "no", she gets very upset. Then we pass by their neighborhood on the way and she gets over it by waving and saying "bye bye Keedee, see you Toes-say". It's way too cute! I love that she looks forward to going there, and that she also has her own little friend!

Jenna is an amazing mom and has the MOST creative ideas EVER! Taylor comes home with a report card each day noting how many times she's used the potty, what she ate, and the hours she napped. They always do a constructive activity and they go to the park often. When we leave she and Kadie continually say good-bye until we're down the road. Last Thursday she was yelling out the window "I love you Shanna, I love you Keedee". It's too cute!

These Indian headbands their wearing was only ONE of their projects from their Thanksgiving lesson last week! I am going to post pics of some other of their projects later. Aren't they just the cutest little friends ever?!!

3 comments:

PCox said...

Oh my goodness how cute!! I really think Jenna is going to be the best elem school teacher EVER!! And in the meantime she should open up a daycare. I love that these 2 are friends. They're so cute together!

Lori said...

How adorable! They are both too cute! I love hearing Taylor talk about them. Of course I don't understand all the words but I totally get that she loves them both and has so much FUN at their house.

Watson Family said...

That is so sweet, thanks. We have a lot of fun and I wouldn't call it babysitting. Taylor is the easiest kid to take care of, she is always welcome to come and play!