Wednesday, November 26, 2008

On this Thanksgiving Eve.....

I am thankful for...............

THESE TWO GIRLS!

They have NO IDEA how thankful I am for them today. Actually, they probably do. And, I'm thankful for them everyday, but today they helped me out more then they will ever know. Uh, actually, I think they know how much they're helping me out and that's why they offered to do what they're doing. Oh goodness, now I'm talking in circles!

Long story short, I have been sick for two weeks. I can't seem to shake it. It started with a kidney infection, then a cold and now some awful sore throat thing that won't even give me relief with Advil. I've been working beyond over time which culiminated on Saturday with a 14 hour shift and was up all night Monday with a pukey Taylor. I'm hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow and can barely tell which way is up.

When Pam called this morning to see if the girls and I wanted to join her and Jenna and their munchkins at Bounce Jungle, I told her that I just wasn't up to it. She was insistant on coming to get the girls and take them with her to give me a break and let them play. That phone conversation thrilled me beyond words. The thought of being able to get my work done this morning without interruptions and feeling like I'm neglecting the girls when we should be out having fun, was a huge relief to me. Finishing my priorities and taking a warm shower to try and relieve some pressure in my ears and pain in my throat, without two kids standing there hassling me sounds dreamy! I LOVE MY SISTER, she has perfect timing, always!

Just a bit ago, she called me with another plan they concocted! Jenna is watching Tay for me this afternoon for about 2 hours, but I hadn't planned to take her over until about 1:30. Well, Jenna decided that it was probably a good idea to take Tay home from lunch, as she was tired and she didn't want her to miss her nap or get woken up early from it. In the meantime, Pam was going to drive Hayden into Mesa for school.

I can't help but feel like I'm putting them out. But I keep telling myself they wouldn't offer if they didn't truly want to. I can't wait to be able to re-pay the favor for both of them. I appreciate it girls, so much. THANK YOU!

Now, I'm signing off to take a nap! Ahhhh.......

3 comments:

Watson Family said...

That is so sweet but that is what friends and Moms are for. Hope you feel better for your Turkey feast tomorrow!

PCox said...

It was our pleasure! I'm glad the kids had fun and you know it gave Cooper someone to be crazy with.
I'm hoping you didn't work too hard and were able to get some rest so you can feel better SOON!

Kari Griffith said...

Aren't sisters wonderful!!! Happy Thanksgiving I hope your dinner goes good and you get to enjoy your family.