Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I survived camping...may I have a cookie please?

It's no secret how much I loathe camping. I cannot keep my feelings locked up. When the talk of pitching a tent in the woods, where coyotes and bears frequent and toilets don't; arise...I try my hardest to change the subject. Find alternatives. Offer my housesitting services. Look for a job. I really, really don't like camping, and I'll look for any excuse possible to get out of it.

HOWEVER, being the good sport that I am...I took one for the team a couple of weeks ago! Conal and Bub planned a camping trip to Forest Lakes about a month prior. I knew there was no getting out of this. Especially once my sister invited my parents, and our husbands invited my cousin and her family and my uncle. Actually...that gave me a little more to look forward to. I've always heard camping is more fun with a big group.
Heather came to my rescue. She offered up their pop up trailer that they hardly use. I jumped all over that offer! And even though Conal would not let me use anything other than the beds...and only hooked up the generator for about 10 minutes of light each day, it sure as heck was better than sleeping in a tent...on the ground...where critters roam!
The kids had a blast. Hayden was disgustingly filthy and completely in her element. Taylor is just like her Mommy. She needed rescuing. She did not have fun and wasn't shy about saying so! She fell lots, cried often and did NOT enjoy the dirt under her finger nails. (Phew...that totally contributes to my game plan for next time - YAY!!)
Post Note Edit: I did forget to add.....I actually had a really fun time! AND...would do it again. Not too often, for not too long. But I would!
For more camping pics, click HERE and HERE!

3 comments:

Lori said...

It was a fun weekend!

Cathy in Az said...

I told you you'd have a good time.
Everyone looked like they enjoyed themselves. Wish we could do it too, I miss those days.

PCox said...

So glad you sucked it up and took one for the team!!