Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mommy's Weekend Off!

Last weekend, a couple of my girlfriends and I went to Vegas! It was a great, relaxing, low key weekend. YES!! You heard that right. Relaxing AND low key, in Vegas! You see, It's official! This one time party girl does not hang like the chicklets anymore! And believe me, I am HAPPY to pass the torch! Over the last year, I've learned that alcohol doesn't sit well with me.

Bonnie, Kerri and Kerri's sister Courtney and I found a smokin' deal on a room at Planet Hollywood. Split between the four of us, with lots of added bonuses...such as a bottle of 'you call it' each day, a gas credit and gambling credit...it was next to free! We loaded up Kerri's car and headed out on the weekend of all weekends. Bonnie packed a huge, hard sided suitcase full of booze and mixers and we took lots of poolside snacks! We even saw "Hangover" earlier in the week to get us even more amped...as if we needed that!

On Saturday, we enjoyed pool side buckets of beer, a nice lunch and I treated myself to 3...yes, THREE naps! It was heavenly. I told the girls before I went that they need to realize that I NEVER get to nap nor do I get to visit a pool without a least one kid hanging off of me at all moments...so if I'm in a zone, leave me, just write the room number down and I'll find my way back! lol

Saturday night we got dressed up and went to an easy dinner at the Cafe at Bellagio. On Sunday Kerri, Courtney and I went shopping, looking for souvenirs for the girls. We had a great pool side lunch at the Monte Carlo, and decided where we want to stay next time. FUN!!

I had so much fun. It was nice to have nobody to look after, other than myself. I came home rested and ready for a big week with the girls. I cannot remember EVER saying that about Vegas. So, I pass the torch to those young, crazy 20-somethings who don't mind waking up bloated and nauseaus and feel comfortable putting a little 'hair of the dog' when they wake up. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. I'm done! Owwww!!

Planet Hollywood Pool with Paris and Bellagio in the background
The view from my pool side lounge chair! Ahhhh.....
In front of Bellagio

2 comments:

Krissy said...

Fun girls weekend!

Kim said...

Looks like you had a great time! Last Vegas trip I took, I also did the "nap thing" - - I like your tan also!