Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You getta line and I'll getta pole, baby

On Memorial Day, we had to go through my Grandpa's belongings, which were taken (the day prior) to my Uncle's friends house. The Pellegrini's invited us to bring the kids out and enjoy their ranch and catfish pond. So after we spent time going through, what he considered his treasures, we enjoyed a nice picnic and partook in a bit of downhome country fun! The kids got to fish in their pond, which is stocked with really large catfish! It was so nice spending the day with our extended family. I know my Grandpa would've loved to be there. That was absolutely his kind of day!Cooper, Jordyn, Devyn, Conal, Nick and Papa watching Hayden take the pole

They think they can help her

Hayden's still not sure about doing this by herself, so Daddy gives her an extra hand

And the control freak can't just sit there and watch! I have to go and get my hands into it and show them how it should be done!

And that's exactly what we did. Showed them how it's done! And I realized that I still hate nature, but will sacrifice from time to time to show the boys up! :)

Hayden caught the trophy catfish, and Uncle Bub got the honors of de-hooking that sucka and holding it up for a picture! (See...their Daddy still has a bit of city-boy left in him!)

WAY TO GO HAYDEN!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but laugh at your wonderful shot of you and Hayden with the fish. You were so determined to get that picture and it turned out good!